Satisfying the heartiest of appetites since '89
WELCOME TO AJ SPURS!
A Little History...
Located between Atascadero and Paso Robles off Hwy 101, the "original" A.J. Spurs opened it's doors in January of 1989. Like the town itself, the building that houses A.j. Spurs has undergone many changes since its construction in 1886. In the past century, it has been home to a gerneral store, meat market, bank and an eatery or two. The brick part of the restaurant which holds the bar and main dining room is the original building. It can be recognized as the gereral store of Templeton in pictures displayed on the walls around the dining hall.
Our search for the ideal location for another A.J. Spurs ended when we came upon this rustic log "cabin" in the Santa Ynez Valley. Named after Rufus Thompson Buell, the history of the land and it's people is captured and brought to life inside the massive log structure that opened in April 1990.
In November 2000, we opened another A.J Spurs on a hill over looking Hwy 101 between Arroyo Grande and Pismo Beach. Not as "rustic" as our other locations Grover Beach takes you back in time to the old west with a more "parlour" like atmosphere and great open views.